Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Marketing Interactions

David Oglivy, the master of marketing communications had opined that...

If you're trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language, the language in which they think.

And yet at another time he confessed that

“I once used the word ‘obsolete’ in a headline, only to discover that 43% of housewives had no idea what it meant. In another headline I used the word "ineffable," only to discover that I didn't know what it meant myself”.

But the marketers will always have their way. Norman R. Augustine had found that a recent government publication on the marketing of cabbage contains, according to one report, 26,941 words. It is noteworthy in this regard that the Gettysburg Address contains a mere 279 words while the Lord's Prayer comprises but 67.


Contributed By:
Prof. P. Guha
(Globsyn Business School)

No comments: